Click on a title to download the article or paper.
- “The Collaborative Information Portal and NASA’s Mars Rover Mission” published in the January/February 2005 issue of IEEE Internet Computing. An article about the Collaborative Information Portal.
- “A Reliable Service-Oriented Architecture for NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Mission” for the IEEE Aerospace Conference in Montana, May 2005. A paper about the software engineering principles for reliability used by the Collaborative Information Portal.
- “Middleware and Web Services for the Collaborative Information Portal of NASA’s Mars Exploration Rovers Mission.” Invited paper, ACM/IFIP/USENIX 5th International Middleware Conference in Toronto, Canada, October 2004 (joint author). Published in Middleware 2004, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3231 by Springer Verlag, 2004. ISBN 3-540-23428-4. A paper about the middleware and web services of the Collaborative Information Portal.
- “Collaborative Information Portal: MER and Beyond” for the International Conference on Space Mission Challenges for Information Technology in Pasadena, July 2003 (joint author). A paper about the Collaborative Information Portal.
- “How to Create Bipolar CORBA Objects in Java” in Java Report, September 1999. (An article describing my technique for creating easily debugged CORBA objects.)
- “Computer” article in Compton’s 2000 Encyclopedia (revised and updated).
- Uncommon Windows Development with Common Lisp. Franz Inc, 1993. A white paper I wrote for Franz, Inc.
- “Common Windows” in SunTechnology, Summer 1989, Volume 2, Number 3 (joint author). An article about a Lisp-based windowing system for which I was an architect and the lead developer.