IEEE 754 Floating-Point Formats
This program displays the IEEE 754 single-precision and double-precision floating-point formats.
To run the demo:
- The float and double panels are independent of each other.
- Enter a floating-point number into the Value field and press the Decompose button.
- Or, enter the individual parts of the number and press the Show value button.
- Press the Enter key after typing a number to enter it into the field.
- The Exponent bits, Biased value, and Unbiased value fields are interrelated. Changing one automatically changes the other two.
- If you enter a reserved biased exponent number (0 and 255 for float, 0 and 2047 for double), the unbiased field will be disabled.
- You do not need to enter the leading exponent 0 bits nor the trailing fraction 0 bits.
- You can also enter into the Value field:
- min, -min, max, -max for the minimum and maximum values of the type
- inf or -inf for the infinity values of the type
- nan for the Not-a-Number value of the type