This program demonstrates two numerical integration algorithms. It computes the area under a function’s curve in the interval [2, 10] by using an increasing number of intervals.
To run the demo:
- First define the function to integrate:
- Click the mouse in the graph panel to set from 2 up to 10 data points.
- Click the Plot integrand button to plot the function through the points.
- Choose a numerical integration algorithm:
- Simpson’s Parabolic
- Click the Step button repeatedly to compute the area under the curve with an increasing number of intervals.
- At any time, choose the other integration algorithm for the same function, or click the Reset button to start over.